The Northwest School
Educational Technology Coordinator • June 2014 - June 2020
Six years experience leading a community of teachers as the Educational Technology Coordinator, guiding teachers in their curricular design, integration of technology, and developing inclusive pedagogy.
- Planned and delivered regular faculty trainings with support and teaching faculty focused on student-centered pedagogy and mindful technology integration.
- Collaborated with teachers to design and implement projects and lessons that integrate technology across the 6-12 curriculum.
- Delivered lessons to students in 6-12 classes on a variety of subjects, including academic research, video creation and design, programming and hardware design, 3D design, using a variety of software tools, and digital citizenship, among many others.
- Coordinated with faculty, administration, and the greater school community to launch the bring your own device (BYOD) and 1:1 Laptop Program initiatives.
- Served as a department chair, responsible for planning and implementing technology integration across the 6-12 student experience.
- Co-led the development and implementation of a two-week experiential learning program for the whole school including program expectations, logistics, communication and registration.
- Served as a member of the 2018 Strategic Planning Committee, and co-chaired the educational technology sub-group, developing a strategic framework that guides decision-making at the school.
- Department Chair, Curriculum Committee, EdTech Committee (Chair), Summits (Experiential learning), Professional Development, Administrative Leadership Team, Strategic Planning Committee, Faculty Executive Committee, Committee on Collaborative Learning, White Anti-racist Working Group, Lego Robotics, FTC Robotics
Cleveland High School
Social Studies Teacher & 1:1 Program Coordinator • September 2010 - June 2014
Four years experience split between the classroom and launching/planning a 1:1 Laptop Program.
- Worked with Seattle University Law School and the Federal District Court to reintroduce a Street Law program for senior classes; integrating project-based learning and giving students hands-on experience with the legal system.
- Participated in the Knowledge in Action AP US Government research study with the University of Washington, teaching AP Government using a PBL model.
- Co-designed and implemented a youth mentoring program for at-risk and truant 9th grade students.
- Led school-wide trainings for faculty and students.
- Deployed and managed 700+ laptops to students in a 1-to-1 environment.
- Supported students and staff in their use of Google Apps and ECHO (LMS system).
- Developed school-wide policies and procedures to facilitate technology integration and acceptable use.
- Junior State (JSA) faculty advisor and chaperone, Network Analyst for District (coordinating with Department of Information Services), New Tech Network Liaison
Berkeley High School
Social Studies Teacher • September 2008 - June 2010
Taught Introduction to Economics, American Government, and Study Skills. Worked with the most at-risk 9th grade students to build strong study habits, establish community, and prepare them for 10th grade.
- Taught Economics and American Government to 12th grade students.
- Completed the week-long training seminar for AP US History.
- Worked with the "Life Academy" intervention program for at-risk 9th grade students to help students develop study skills.
- JV Football Coach, Junior State of America faculty advisor and chaperone
University of San Francisco
MA, Educational Technology • 2002 — 2004
University of California at Davis
BA, Anthropology • 1998 — 2002